Becoming 7 is all about rediscovering the joy, wonder, and curiosity about the world.
Just over a year ago I walked away from what I thought was my dream job. I was the manager of an old fashion toy and sweet shop. When I left, the owner asked me what I wanted. Through my sobbing tears my response was, “I want my joy back!”
The owners possibly thought I was leaving for greener pastures. The reality is I had no Plan B. I eventually returned to school and am now a Certified Pharmacy Technician. *The answer is always, let me get the pharmacist*
During the past year, I have spent countless hours with a grandchild who lives nearby. I can tell you my greatest joy is simply playing with a 5 year old. They are so happy. They want to make others happy. They are still innocent. I could go on and on about the greatness of being 5.
So, you maybe asking, Why Becoming 7?
There are a million reasons:
- As a child one of my reading books in school was 7 is Magic. That has always stayed with me. 7 is my favorite number.
- 7 is often the age that magical thinking ceases. Around this age there is a transition in how a child thinks. Thinking begins to involve cause and effect.
- 7 is commonly referred to as the age of reason. The age when a child knows right from wrong. One could say the age when innocence begins to fade.
- It is also the time when frustrations of learning rules and boundaries cease and things begin to click making life easier for everyone around the 7 year old. To a 7 year old, it means the world is a better place.
- 7 year old children are inquisitive. They are wanting to know how and why. They have become miniature scientists. Always coming up with a new hypothesis and testing it to see if they are right.
- Generally a 7 year old still has good self esteem.
At this time I am planning on the following
Sunday: Activites and Games
Monday: Special Days
Wednesday: Health and Safety
Saturday: Toys and Products
I can always be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
So, tell me below, what is your favorite memory of being 7.