I have been a very good girl this year. I have strived to bring joy to all the 7’s thru my blog. I have also gotten a career to help people feel better. I am the best grandma that ever lived, and I strive to be an awesome wife.
Here are my wishes for Christmas:
- My husband to have relief from his depression. It is bad and his medication is not helping. He is talking about finding someone to talk to, but hasn’t followed through yet. He has refused to do Reddit’s Secret Santa for the first time in probably 5 years. He also had to have his arm twisted so to speak to get him to do secret Santa at work.
- To loose weight. Not for appearances but for my health. To reduce my pain levels. To make me able to do more things with both my husband and my granddaughter. I have osteoarthritis and degnerative disc disorder in my spine. As the cold winter weather is coming, my pain levels are increasing. I am so grateful that I no longer live where it snows.
- Full-time work. Right now I get about 22 hours at the pharmacy I was hired at. I then have to contact other pharmacies (within our company) in the area and hope and pray I can get more hours. Sometimes I do and Sometimes I don’t.
- I want decent health insurance. I have dental and vision through work, but not health. I know people are all screaming Obama Care. For us, the plan we can afford comes with a $12,000 deductible. At this point there is no way we can afford the deductible so we would never be able to benefit from it.
- A home of our own. We are grateful for the roof over our head. However, co-habitating is less then ideal. Especially when you are not the homeowner. I can not even begin to express how frustrating it is to have most of your belongings in storage. When you want to use something or grab something and it’s out in storage. It is also challenging to be confined to a single bedroom most of the time. It’s really hard to be in your mid 40’s and in this situation. While we know we are not alone, it is still humbling. We had several years of having our own place before the economy kicked us in the pants. It would just be so nice to be on our own again.
- A second Car. Our 2002 Honda Accord, which he loves to death, has about 250,000 miles on it. It is our only car and we have to juggle it between the two of us for our work schedules. We had to have our car in the shop for a couple of weeks recently. During that time, we rented a 2017 Nissan Altama from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. I have never had a dream car before. After driving that car I now do. I loved all the safety features.
- For people to fall in love with Becoming7. I want people to come here for more then just giveaways. I want people to reconnect to their inner child. I want people to feel nostalgic at times. I want to bring people joy. I want to do something that goes viral on based on its own merit. I want that recognition of a job well done. I realize that Becoming 7 is less then a year and I need to be patient.
- To be surrounded by Christmas Magic. I am trying so hard to make Christmas on my own. I am doing as much as I can. I am watching Christmas Movies. I am listening to Christmas Music. I am doing Christmas Secret Santa’s. I am figuring out ways to make Christmas despite those who surround me.
- For everyone I normally send Cards to, not to take it personal that this year I am pretty much not sending out cards. I normally send out so many because I think what if I sent the only card they got this year. To me, mail brings me joy. I can not imagine a year of no cards. So far this year I have received 2. (my stepson and one form someone on Random Acts of Cards on Reddit) It makes me sad to think that all the cards I normally receive are just because I sent someone a card first. Not that they thought of me and cared enough to send a card. I am usually of the mindset that there is nothing you can do to earn a gift and a gift has now bearing on your worth, that it is completely about the person who is giving it and what they have to give from their heart at that time. It sounds so Cliche right now because I am on the side of not getting /giving cards/gifts so far. Part of me is wondering if I need to get out to the storage unit and get everyone’s addresses so I can send them last minute cards so they don’t feel what I am feeling right now.
- I want my president-elect, whom I did not vote for, to learn to follow political decorum. I understand that as a country we are tired of politicians and how they play the game. On the same note, I don’t want to see our country go further down the tubes or even instigate WWIII. Somebody needs to take away his twitter access. Somebody needs to teach him to ignore the media. Somebody needs to teach him what being a president is and not how to act like a school yard bully.
- I just want 2017 to be a better year, not just for myself and my family but for everyone who has struggled in the past few years.
I will be leaving you out some milk and cookies, and a carrot for Rudolf because I still BELIEVE!
Jean James Dorman Bart Nicholas Jacobsen